Prepping food helps us in so many ways. Dinner comes together quicker, we have healthy snacks waiting in the refrigerator, and some things I can make in bulk and stash some in the freezer.
These carrot banana muffins are a huge hit with all of us. They make a great addition to breakfast or a fast healthy snack.
These literally come together in minutes with the help of a blender.
Everything gets thrown into the blender and the batter is ready to scoop. I recently got a Ninja and do not know how I lived without it. I use it for everything!
This makes 24 muffins, which is perfect to leave some out and also stock the freezer with a container.
Carrot Banana Muffins
- 5 cups old fashioned oats
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 T. chia seeds
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 cups plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped into chunks
1. Place everything in the blender in the order listed as above. I use a Ninja and it is completely full. If you think your mixer is to small make it in 2 batches.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Scoop into 24 lined muffin tins.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until center springs back at the touch.
5. Let completely cool and store in containers.