Granola is so versatile. Snack, yogurt topping, or with milk. I have been wanting to make a granola I could have for the boys to make little yogurt parfaits. This is such a customizable recipe that you can do so much with.
I wanted to come up with an easy and homemade granola that didn’t have any added sugar. The ones at the grocery are packed with so much unnecessary sugar.
This recipe comes together so quickly. Granola has to bake for a really long time, but you can easily be doing other stuff (like more food prep!) while this is in the oven.
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 cup quinoa, not cooked
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 maple syrup
- 1 cup raisins, cranberries,or any other mix of dried fruit
- In a large bowl mix the oats, dried quinoa, walnuts, almonds, coconut oil, olive oil, and maple syrup until everything is coated.
- Put the mixture out evenly on a sheet pan and in a preheated 325 degree oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes then stir.
- Bake another 20 minutes and stir.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 more minutes depending on how toasted you prefer your granola.
- Let cool completely and store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy on yogurt, plain, or however you desire!