Food prep is what I live for right now.
Toddlers + working full time means everything needs to be done during naps on my days off.
I usually cook steel cook oats during food prep for the boys to have as a breakfast option during the week. This week I had a ton of fruit leftover that was on its last day so I decided to do a fruit baked oatmeal to share. Baked oatmeal is so versatile, easy, and can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
This takes no time at all and will be an easy breakfast for the week. And for me included!
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups fresh fruit, chopped (strawberries, blueberries, peeled apple, peaches, banana)
- 1 T. softened butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- In a bigger bowl whisk eggs, syrup, applesauce, and milk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet along with your chopped up fruit. Mix together until everything comes together.
- Take a 2 quart baking dish and spread your softened butter all over-do NOT skip this step. I usually almost always just spray my pan but using butter here gives the bottom layer of the oatmeal a deliciousness you don’t want to miss out!
- Pour your oatmeal mix into your prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes until golden brown and the center is set.
- Eat warm out of the oven, or completely cool and store in the refrigerator to cut off pieces to rewarm for a super quick breakfast.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we do. This is such a great recipe that can easily be doubled to serve when you have guests over. Or the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast to serve to everyone!